Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 158.

I ventured out in to our back yard today while Dallas napped. It was SO beautiful outside, I LOVE the snow. And, must I say it was very peaceful as well. No cars, no interruption. It really was gorgeous.





This is one of my favorite photos of myself now. It made me see myself in a different way, in a way I have never noticed before. As you may know, I survived a house explosion in '06 and my face was injured with second degree burns, my arms, hands, feet and legs with third degree burns and my back was fourth degree burn. I see my scars every where else on my body, every day, but this photo really shows the scars on my face, that I really seem to have looked past. I call my body it's own little masterpiece. When I look at my scars, I don't feel pain or regret, for I had no control over them but I do feel grateful, lucky and you may be surprised but I feel beautiful. My scars show what I survived and I must say, I am very proud of that. I'd rather have these scars than not be here to enjoy the littlest things in life such as the snow. Or the major things as well such as my own little family <3


As I ventured out, I ran up front and wrote this on the stairs for Kevin to come home to ^_^
Aren't I sweet?

He sent me a cell phone picture of blocks that spelled out "I LOVE U" later on.
Isn't he sweet too? :D


-Mrs. Nichelson ♥

1 comment:

Cheryle said...

The snow pictures are beautiful and I just love love love the last two pictures, especially with the background you wrote to them.